VOLUNTEER CODE OF CONDUCT
(This document defines BEACON’s expectations for all school volunteers.)
As a volunteer, I agree to abide by the following code of volunteer conduct:
1. Immediately upon arrival, I will sign in at the main office or the designated sign-in station.
2. I will wear or show volunteer identification whenever required by the school to do so.
3. I agree to never be alone with individual students who are not under the supervision of teachers or school authorities.
4. I will not contact students outside of school hours without permission from the students’ parents.
5. I agree not to exchange telephone numbers, home addresses, e-mail addresses or any other home directory information with students for any purpose unless it is required as part of my role as a volunteer. I will exchange home directory information only with parental and administrative approval.
6. I will maintain confidentiality outside of school and will share with teachers and/or school administrators any concerns that I may have related to student welfare and/or safety.
7. I agree to not transport students without the written permission of parents or guardians or without the expressed permission of the school or district and will abide by District Administrative Procedure # 4586 when transporting students.
8. I will not disclose, use, or disseminate student photographs or personal information about students, self, or others.
9. I agree to follow the district procedure for screening of volunteers.
10. I agree to notify the school principal if I am arrested for a misdemeanor or felony sex, drug or weapon related offense.
11. I agree only to do what is in the best personal and educational interest of every child with whom I come into contact.
I agree to follow the Volunteer Code of Conduct at all times or cease volunteering immediately.
Please click here to download a Volunteer Application.